By Mike Moore
No one can motivate anyone to do anything. All a person can do
for another is provide them with incentives to motivate
themselves. Here are ten very effective strategies to help you get
up and get moving toward actualizing your enormous, untapped
1. Be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier to
achieving your potential is your comfort zone. Great things
happen when you make friends with your discomfort zone.
2. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Wisdom helps us avoid
making mistakes and comes from making a million of them.
3. Don't indulge in self-limiting thinking. Think empowering,
4. Choose to be happy. Happy people are easily motivated.
Happiness is your birthright so don't settle for anything else.
5. Spend at least one hour a day in self-development. Read good
books or listen to inspiring tapes. Driving to and from work
provides an excellent opportunity to listen to self-improvement
6. Train yourself to finish what you start. So many of us become
scattered as we try to accomplish a task. Finish one task before
you begin another.
7. Live fully in the present moment. When you live in the past or
the future you aren't able to make things happen in the present.
8. Commit yourself to joy. C. S. Lewis once said, "Joy is the
serious business of heaven."
9. Never quit when you experience a setback or frustration.
Success could be just around the corner.
10. Dare to dream big dreams. If there is anything to the law of
expectation, then we're moving in the direction of our dreams,
goals and expectations.
The real tragedy in life is not in how much we suffer, but rather in
how much we miss, so don't miss a thing.
Top Ten Ways to Get Unstuck and Reach Your Goals
We all get stuck from time to time. Here are the top ten ways to get going again.
How Well Do You Handle Disappointment?
You are going to experience disappointment at some point in
your life. There’s no escaping it. The only thing we can do is to learn how to handle disappointment before
it handles us.
Want to Motivate People? Want to Be More
Effective? Try This!
Every day, we see the need for emotional intelligence in the business
world. Our thinking can only take us so far. We can gather data to rationalize
our decisions, but often we're better off using our intuition.