by Thomas Richards
ďFor myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.Ē (Sir Winston Churchill)
Some people are born with a constantly positive outlook on life, but most of us need to work on it. You must maintain a positive attitude to find the faith with which you can fulfill your destiny.
You will not find any successful person who has not mastered this concept.
Here are a few ideas to help you remain positive in your every day life.
* Start by making a list of all the things you like about yourself. When you do this you will find out what a great person that you really.
* A positive attitude is contagious. Always try and see the good in others, and praise them for it. They will return the favor to you.
* Associate with winners. Your peers should be people who are and want to be successful. They should be the type of people who set goals and go for them.
* Donít get mad at the critics and haters. Use their comments to solve potential problems with your plan before they become a problem. Some people are just negative and you have to deal with them, however you can use them to make your dreams come true.
* Not everyone is going to like you in fact some people will be envious and down right hate your success. Donít worry about it. You energy is better spent on other tasks instead of trying to make everyone happy.
* Just do it. Whatever your goal is in life. By taking action upon it you will feel better about yourself.
* Wipe away those things that blur your positive attitude. Has your view of the future been blurred by negative thoughts?
* One of my favorite ways to stay up when the world wants to knock me down is to read self-help books like this one. Now I am not saying that you want to go out and do every single thing written in these books because some of the ideas are good and some not so good. What you will find are new ideas and perspectives that you can apply to your life.
* Read the Bible and other inspirational books. If not for the religion for the truths that they contain.
* Clean out all your emotional clutter on a regular basis. If someone wronged you in the past, forgive him or her. The only thing that holding a grudge does is weaken the person who holds it. Adopting a clear viewpoint makes your life look different. Better!
* Make change a part of your life on a regular basis because it is the only thing constant. Learn to embrace it.
* Fix problem areas of your life. None of us that walk this earth are prefect. By accepting this fact and working to improve upon areas in which you are deficient you will develop a more positive outlook on life.
* Opportunity is all around you. All you have to do is find it. Did you know that there has never been a better time to become a millionaire than right now? Thatís right, more millionaires have been created in the past few years than at any other time in history.
* Use the brainstorming techniques we will discuss later in this book to help you find solutions to the problems we all face in our lives. Then take action upon them.
* Always try to focus on the solution instead of the problem. This is where you want your energies focused.
* Be flexible. We can plan out our lives and set goals but ultimately the only one that knows what life holds in store for us is God. Role with the punches.
* Avoid telling yourself negative things. There will be enough negativity assault you from external sources. Why let it come from within.
* We all have negative thoughts from time to time. The best way I have found to counteract your negative thoughts is with a positive one or better yet several positive thoughts.
* Look for lessons to be had in any situation life hands you. View your mistakes as learning experiences. Donít be too hard on yourself. We all screw up from time to time.
* Never give up. Channel your frustrations into energy to resolve problems.
* Have a why not attitude. Ask why wonít it work. Always think it might just work, no matter how crazy the idea. Who would have thought man could fly or go to the moon two hundred years ago?
* When your problems get to great to handle alone, you can vent them to a close friend that you can trust. You can even vent them anonymously on the Internet. Trust me it will help.
* Look at problems, as challenges and your attitude will greatly improve. Tell yourself that tough time donít last but tough people do and you are a tough person.
* Think back upon a time you have successfully dealt with a similar problem. This will give you more confidence in your abilities to handle the current situation.
* Stay calm. By staying calm in crisis situations, you will see solutions that an excited person would have missed.
* Be grateful for the things in your life that people take for granted. If your right arm hurts and your left one does not, be grateful that the left one does not hurt. It will get your mind off the right one.
* Before you go out and face any important task get your mind right. Picture yourself doing perfectly whatever you are about to attempt. Above all other things you must have faith in yourself. Professional athletes use this technique all the time. For instance, before a sprinter runs a race he may have already ran it a hundred times in his mind.
* Focus on the positive, there is always good or bad in every situation. Choose to focus on the good.
I hope these ideas help you out. Above all else you have to have a lot of confidence in yourself. Not arrogance, where you think you are perfect or god like because no one is, but confident, knowing that you have the skills, talent and intelligence to handle whatever life has in store for you.
Persisting With Bulldog Determination
There are many starters in life - but very few finish what they start. When the going gets tough, most people fold. They donít persist hard enough or persevere long enough. They donít have a red-hot flaming burning desire to succeed.
Failure is Not an Option
than setting goals, more than following a plan, more than
shooting for the moon, is your mindset. Ask people who have
succeeded online how they did it, and they are sure to tell
you that they had to. That's right -- they HAD to. Why?
Because failure is not an option.
Ten Terrific Self-Motivating Tips
How can we motivate ourselves? In this article, the author outlines specific steps we can take to get ourselves moving in the right direction.