Custom Search

 

Financial Intelligence - Do You Have It?
by Winston (Kip) Scoville

The rich and successful stand out from the rest because of their Financial Intelligence education, not their scholastic education. This is something that we are not taught in school but rather something that is acquired.

To give you an example:

Is your home an Asset or a Liability?

The general consensus is that it is an Asset. But is it?

To answer that question we must first understand the difference between Asset and a Liability (financial intelligence).

Simply put:

"An Asset puts money into our pockets."

"A Liability takes money out of our pockets."

Knowing these two basic rules of financial intelligence lets re-visit the question.

Is your home an Asset or a Liability?

1. Every month we make a mortgage payment - (Cash flows out). 2. We pay yearly taxes on our property - (Cash flows out). 3. We have to pay for repairs - (Cash flows out) 4. When the mortgage is paid we still have to pay the other two - (Cash flows out)

As you can see, if you buy a home, cash will always flow out of your pocket. Thus your home is a Liability.

Does this mean that we shouldn't buy a home? No, not at all.

The point that is being made is that if we wish to be rich (or wealthy if you are uncomfortable with the word rich) and successful we need to understand how to accurately distinguish Assets from Liabilities.

Most people spend a lifetime acquiring Liabilities rather than Acquiring income generating Assets. The rich or wealthy spend a lifetime acquiring income-generating assets and purchase liabilities that work for them instead of against them.

An interesting fact and one that seems to be a stumbling block for most people is that you don't need to be rich to acquire income-generating assets. 80% of today's wealthy had nothing when they started. The other 20% inherited their fortunes.

So, if you desire to be wealthy there are two basic things you have to learn how to do:

1. Continually acquire income-generating assets (cash flows in). It does not matter how small they are when you start. Over time assets will build up.

2. Learn to acquire Liabilities that work in your favor and not against you.

"It's not how much money you make, its how much money you can keep that counts. There is always hope for those that help themselves"

MIND YOUR BUSINESS

Related Articles:

How to Manage Your Money!
The number one reason why all businesses online and off-line fail, is probable because the owners overestimate how much money they have to spend. Many owners will spend more money than the business is making and will eventually fall apart. Many businesses that fail do not know how to manage their money properly and make a few mistakes that cost them big time in the long run.

The 10 Cash Flow Rules You Can't Afford to Ignore
Here are 10 Rules to help you take control of your cash flow so you can create the business you have always dreamed of. Taking control of your cash flow is easier than you think.

Uncover And Eliminate The Hidden Costs Now
Now is the time to take a closer look, to find, uncover and eliminate the "hidden costs". The hidden costs are far less obvious to the major decision makers, and may be most obvious to the people who are closest to getting the work done.

Winston (Kip) Scoville is the owner of MKOPPS Small Business Resources website. A site dedicated to helping people grow successful businesses. http://mkopps.netfirms.com

[finance home] [EntrepreneurismBible.com home]


Website Developed and Hosted By:
International Cyber Business Services, Inc.
Developers of holisticonline.com, 1stHolistic.com, GrandmasRemedies.com and SpecialGifts.com
Copyright ?1996-2008, ICBS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.replica louis vuitton